The following article will explain how to see your Smart Security Cameras in a PC using Amazon Alexa Desktop
Note: Nexxt Solutions do not own a software for PC to see the cameras. For this to be done, you will need a third party software such as Alexa Software on your PC.
Also take note, that you can see the cameras using the Alexa App, Fire TV and Chromecast.
You cannot see the cameras using Google Home (you will need Streaming devices such as Chromecast).
Where can I download the Alexa Software
1. On your PC, open the Microsoft Store
2. Type Alexa and you should get the following result
3. Press the Get button or download and this will start the download of the App into your PC.
1. At the moment, Amazon Alexa is available for Microsoft PC. Amazon has not release desktop App for Mac users.
2. Amazon Alexa is only available for the following countries: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States.
3. We recommend your PC should be on the USA or United States region.
For more information, please visit: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=17549366011
Setup the Amazon Alexa on PC for the Nexxt Home Smart Cameras
1. Run the Amazon App on your PC
2. You will see the following window open to start the process:
3. Press Get Started, and then he will ask for your Amazon Alexa Account to fill:
Note: As we previously recommended, you need to use the same account you have on Nexxt Home in your Alexa Account.
4. Once you have login to your account and finish all the necessary setups, you will end with a screen more or less like this:
Check the cameras
1. Proceed to select the option Smart Home
1. In the next section you will see the Favorite section which is a shortcut of the most use devices:
3. Select the option Devices (which is on the rigth end of the screen)
4. This will show all the devices you have added either from other Apps of Nexxt Home.
5. From here, select the Sub-menu Cameras:
6. This will show you the list of cameras you have
7. Select the Camera you want to monitor. For this example, we are going to select the camera with the name "Camera Mobile"
Here you will see is loading
Here you will see the live view of the camera
And now you can see your cameras using your Amazon Alexa Desktop App.
Aug 02 (4 months ago)