Accessing the Web User Interface
1. Open up the Control Panel and click on Network And Sharing Center option. If you do not know how to do it follow this simple steps:
- On your keyboard press the Window key and the letter R at the same time. [Win+R]
- This will open the following window on your computer
- Type the word Control Panel and press the button Ok
- This will open the Control Panel Window, where you are going to select the option Network and Sharing Center
2. Click on Change Adapter Settings
3. By doing this, you will see a new window where is going to show you, all your network adapters on your computer, for example the LAN or Ethernet adapter, Wi-Fi or Wireless adapter, Bluetooth adapter
4. Once the following window is displayed, right-click on your LAN or Ethernet network adapter from the list, and select Properties to continue
5. Double-click on Internet protocol version 4 to open this protocol or select the Internet Protocol Version 4 and choose Properties. Do not uncheck
6. Select the option Use the following IP Address
7. Here is where you are going to add the IP Address that is within the same network as the repeater, but outside the DHCP pool, also you need to add the Subnet Mask and the Default Gateway.
- IP Address: 192.168.0.100
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
8. Save the Settings you have done, and open your browser.
9. When you open your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc) you will proceed to type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 in the browser search bar followed by pressing Enter which is going to send you to the web interface of the repeater.
Accessing the Advanced Settings on the Xtender300
1. This is the Login website. Type the password: admin and then click on OK
2. You will see the Wireless Security Settings website
3. Click on the Advanced Settings option to configure any parameter of the repeater.
Once inside you have to do 2 settings, you need to secure the Wireless Signal provided by the Xtender300 and the Repeater Settings. First we will explain the Wireless Security Settings
Securing the Xtender300 Wi-Fi signal
1. From the main website, proceed to select Wireless Settings
2. You will get inside the Wireless Basic Settings. On this section if you want, you can change the Primary SSID name to any other name you want. This is optional
3. On the Wireless Basic Settings, choose the option Wireless Security
4. In the Security Mode from Disable choose the security mode you want to work
5. For this example we choose WPA-PSK
- Here you will choose WPA-PSK (you can choose any of the modes if you need to)
- The WPA Encryption Type - AES (you choose the one you need to work)
- Password from 12345678 to the one you want to use (Since you are using the Xtender300 as a Repeater we recommend using the same Wi-Fi password of the main Wi-Fi signal)
- The Key Renewal Interval do not touch
6. Save the settings by clicking the Apply button and you have finish securing the Wi-Fi signal
Configuring the Xtender300 Repeater Settings
1. On the same window of Wireless Settings next to the Wireless Security option, you will proceed to select the Wireless Extender option
2. You will see the following section
3. Click on the Extender mode field, and from Disable select Universal Repeater
4. Press the button Open Scan this will display a list of Wi-Fi signal around the Xtender300. Choose the Wi-Fi you want to repeat.
5. For this example we are going to use WPA-PSK as if the main Wi-Fi use this security option.
- Security Mode: WPA-PSK (in our case) you should know yours, in case you do not, refer to your ISP (Internet Services Provider)
- WPA Encryption Type: AES (in our case, you need to know which Encryption Type use your Wi-Fi)
- Security Key: 12345678 (in our case, here you will type the password of the Wi-Fi signal you choose to repeat) please typed correctly.
6. Once you have done the previous step press the Apply button to finish the settings.