This article will explain the steps to configure your router as a repeater. You can use any of the knowing browser available for this (EDGE, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc).
- Ethernet Cable (this comes in the box)
- Power Adapter (this comes in the box)
- PC o Laptop (you can use a phone, but is recommended use a computer for settings)
Steps to configure the Cosmos1200-AC as a repeater with the Ethernet cable:
- Disconnect all cables from the Cosmos1200-AC (including the power cord)
- Connect only the power cord to the Cosmos1200-AC
- Take the Gray Ethernet cable that comes with the Cosmos1200-AC and connect one end to the computer and the other end of the cable to the LAN1 of the Cosmos1200-AC.
NOTE: Please if you are using a laptop, turn OFF the Wi-Fi of the laptop. We don't need internet to access the Cosmo1200-AC configuration page.
- Once the physical connection are done, proceed to open your browser. Type the following IP Address 192.168.0.1 and press enter to access the website
- You should be able to see the following website. In the Password field type the word: admin then press the Login button to continue.
NOTE: If you are not able to see this website, that means you are not connected properly to the Cosmos1200-AC or somehow you still get internet from somewhere. Please make sure you do not have internet, and re-do the above steps.
- You will come to this website. Make sure is selected Dynamic IP and then press the Advanced word to go to the next page.
- Here you will see the main window System Status please select the Wireless tab
NOTE: Before you configure the Cosmos1200-AC you need to have the Wi-Fi secure of the Cosmos1200-AC. If you have not then you need to follow the steps to secure the wireless signal. Here is the link: Cosmos1200-AC Wireless Configuration
- Once you have clicked on the Wireless tab, You will see the following window
- From the list to the left you will select Wireless Extender
- By selecting this option you will be in the following screen, ready to setup the Cosmos1200-AC as a repeater.
- Choose the Band you want to use for the repeating process. This needs to go according to the Wi-Fi signal you are going to select. If the main Wi-Fi is 2.4GHz then you will choose 2.4GHz in the Cosmos1200-AC, same with the other band, if the main band is 5GHz then you will choose 5GHz in the Cosmos1200-AC to do the setup.
- In the Mode list, choose the Universal Repeater option. And you will see the following screen.
- From here press the OPEN SCAN button. This will display a list of wireless signals around the Cosmos1200-AC
- Then choose the wireless signal you want to repeat. In our case we are using another Nexxt Solutions router to do the job. And you will see the following screen
After selecting the Wi-Fi signal to repeat and the Remote SSID filled with the name of that Wi-Fi you choose, you need to fill the next steps.
- Security Mode: Here you will choose the security type the main modem/router is using, it could be WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK o Shared. Depending on which one is using you main router you will select the same one for the Cosmos1200-AC
- Authentication Type: Is the same principle, use the same as the main router.
- The Cipher Type: depending on what Cipher is using the main modem AES o TKIP or TKIP&AES
- Security Key: you will add the password of the Wi-Fi you have selected to repeat.
NOTE: You need to know the Security Mode, Authentication Type, Cipher Type and the Security Key in the next part to be able to set the Cosmos1200-AC, if you do not have this information please contact your ISP.
After all is filled and assuming you have done all correctly, you can now press the Save button to save the configuration.