NOTE: Your new router is compatible with any operating system, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc.).
The best way to work a new router is to do it alone with a PC or mobile, depending on the case. In this article we will explain how to configure the Amp300 by means of a network cable (Ethernet).
- PC or laptop (remember to disable Wi-Fi)
- Ethernet cable (this will come in the box)
- Power adapter (this will come in the box)
Steps for configuration via an Ethernet cable:
- Disconnect all cables connected to the Amp300 (including the power or power cable)
- Connect only the power cable to the Amp300, then wait for about 10 seconds.
- Press the Amp300 reset button for about 35 seconds (this button will be found on the back of the Amp300)
- With the Gray cable that the Amp300 brought in its box, connect one end to the LAN1 port of the Amp300 and the other end of the cable will be connected to the Ethernet port of the computer. (if you are using a laptop please disable Wi-Fi)
- Then proceed to open your browser either (Mozilla, EDGE, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera) and enter the following IP address 192.168.0.1
If you perform all the steps correctly, you will see a pop-up window which will ask you to enter username and password Username and Password proceed to place admin in both fields. This information can also be found in the guide and on the label under the AMP300.
- After having pressed the Login button, you can see the configuration page of the Amp300.
- Since we want to configure the Amp300 as a repeater, we choose the Repeater option
- By selecting Repeater, we can see several fields. These fields will be explained below:
Field # 1: LAN IP Address, LAN Network and Get IP Address From Uplink.
- Here we will leave it as is. If necessary, the only option to edit would be the LAN IP Address. But this is only when there is IP conflict between the main router and the Amp300.
Field # 2: Network Name (SSID), Passphrase, Use the WLAN Settins Of Uplink
- In this second field, the only thing we are going to edit is the Network Name (SSID) and the Passphrase. In the SSID part, you can change the name of the Wi-Fi signal that comes by default to a name you want or leave it as with its original name. In the Passphrase, you can enter any password.
NOTE: We strongly recommend using the wireless password of the main router, or the one you are going to repeat, since this way, you don't have to remember several passwords.
Field # 3: Remote AP SSID, MAC Address, Security Mode, Site Survey.
- In this last field we will proceed to configure the Amp300 as a repeater.
- Press the Site Survey button
- By pressing this button, you can a list of wireless networks. Here you should see the one you want to repeat. Select that network.
- Once selected the wireless network to repeat, you can see that the fields mentioned above will be filled automatically. In our example we select Nebula300_Plus
- All fields will be filled, except the Passphrase is here where you must enter the Wi-Fi network password that you select to repeat.
NOTE: Be sure to enter the password correctly. Otherwise, you must reconfigure everything again.
- When you finish entering this password, proceed to press the Save/Apply button to end the configuration steps.