NOTE: Your new repeater device is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera.).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Kronos301 stand-alone. In other words, do NOT connect the Kronos301 via cable to the internet and the computer also cannot have internet.
Please do not use Google Chrome web browser. Use any other browser like: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
To do the setup you need the following items:
- A mobile device iOS or Android system
This article will explain how to configure the Kronos1200-AC as a repeater using your phone:
1. Make sure the switch located on one of the side of the Kronos1200-AC is in Repeater
2. Connect the Kronos1200-AC to the wall outlet (Do not connect the Kronos301 via cable to any device)
3. If the Kronos1200-AC is Off turn it ON by moving the switch on the side
4. Take your phone, go to your settings and look for wireless signals. (You should find a Wi-Fi signal with the name Nexxt_XXXXXX the (X) are the last 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Kronos1200-AC)
5. Once you have located the Wi-Fi signal and selected he may ask you the Wi-Fi password of the Kronos1200-AC. The password is 12345678 (you can find the password in the label on the Kronos1200-AC
6. It could open the browser of your phone automatically or maybe you will need to do it manually, from here you need to open your mobile browser and type the address: 192.168.0.1 and press "Enter"
7. On the following website will request the Username and Password to move forward.
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
8. When you pass the login part, you will select the "Repeater Wizard" option
9. This will take you to a section where the device will scan for nearby Wi-Fi signals
10. Once the scanning finish, you will see a list of Wi-Fi signals, you should see the one you want to repeat.
11. Select the desire Wi-Fi then type the password of the selected Wi-Fi on the "Key" field.
Then you press the "Save" button and the device will proceed to do the configuration.
Note: The Kronos1200-AC will take the name of the main Wi-Fi signal adding a symbol and letter XXXXXX-ext take note the Kronos1200-AC will provide 2 Wi-Fi signal the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz