NOTE: Your new router is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Nyx300stand-alone. This is because sometimes the PC or Laptop are connected to a Wireless Signal or via LAN to the main router or modem. If you are using a Laptop or PC with Wi-Fi signal, please disable the Wi-Fi or turned Off. This article will set up the Nyx300via Ethernet cable.
- PC or Laptop (remember to disable the Wi-Fi)
- Ethernet cable (this will come in the box)
- Power Adapter (this will come in the box)
NOTE: If you are using a Laptop or PC and do not have the Ethernet Port you will have to connect the PC or Laptop via wireless. All you have to do is the following.
- Turn ON the Wireless or Wi-Fi on the Laptop or PC.
- Search for networks in the vicinity
- You will see the name of the SSID provided by the Nyx300. This will be something like Nexxt_XXXXXX (where the Xs are the last 5 to 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Nyx300) To be sure which it is, take the Nyx300in your hand and turned over and you will see an orange sticker that will contain information about the Nyx300. Look for the MAC Address.
- Choose the network, and connect the PC or Laptop to it and you are done.
1. Connect the power adapter to the Nyx300. This will turn On the device.
2. Press the RESET/RST button for 20 seconds. This will reset the Nyx300in case you have done any changes and you didn´t notice.
3. Take the Ethernet cable in your hand, one end of the cable goes to the LAN Port #1 in the Nyx300and the other end goes to the Ethernet Port on the PC or Laptop.
4. Once you are connected either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, open your browser and type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 press the key ENTER.
5. If you have done all the steps correctly, you will get a prompt windows asking you to sing in by typing the Username and Password so proceed to type admin in both fields. This information also appears in the guide and bellow the Nyx300.
6. Once you pass the sing in prompt you will see the configuration website.
7. Once inside choose the Repeater option.
8. Here all you have to do is change the Network Name (SSID) if you want, and change the default password in the Passphrase
9. After that, press the Site Survey to scan the area for wireless signals close to the Nyx300. Proceed to choose the signal.
10. Once you choose the signal, proceed to add the Security Mode and Encryption Type and the password of that wireless in the Passphrase
11. After that press Save/Apply to save the settings and you Nyx300 will start repeating the internet.