NOTE: Your new router is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Nyx1200-AC stand-alone. This is because sometimes the PC or Laptop are connected to a Wireless Signal or via LAN to the main router or modem. If you are using a Laptop or PC with Wi-Fi signal, please disable the Wi-Fi or turned Off. This article will set up the Nyx1200-AC via Ethernet cable.
- PC or Laptop (remember to disable the Wi-Fi)
- Ethernet cable (this will come in the box)
- Power Adapter (this will come in the box)
NOTE: If you are using a Laptop or PC and do not have the Ethernet Port you will have to connect the PC or Laptop via wireless. All you have to do is the following.
- Turn ON the Wireless or Wi-Fi on the Laptop or PC.
- Search for networks in the vicinity
- You will see the name of the SSID provided by the Nyx1200-AC. This will be something like Nexxt_XXXXXX (where the Xs are the last 5 to 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Nyx1200-AC) To be sure which it is, take the Nyx1200-AC in your hand and turned over and you will see an orange sticker that will contain information about the Nyx1200-AC. Look for the MAC Address.
- Choose the network, and connect the PC or Laptop to it and you are done.
1. Connect the power adapter to the Nyx1200-AC. This will turn On the device.
2. Press the RESET/RST button for 20 seconds. This will reset the Nyx1200-AC in case you have done any changes and you didn´t notice.
3. Take the Ethernet cable in your hand, one end of the cable goes to the LAN Port #1 in the Nyx1200-AC and the other end goes to the Ethernet Port on the PC or Laptop.
4. Once you are connected either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, open your browser and type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 press the key ENTER.
5. If you have done all the steps correctly, you will get a prompt windows asking you to sing in by typing the Username and Password so proceed to type admin in both fields. This information also appears in the guide and bellow the Nyx1200-AC.
6. Once you pass the sing in prompt you will see the configuration website.
7. The Nyx1200-AC have 2 wireless signals that he will broadcast, the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz. The setup for both is the same as you can see below.
8. Choose the 2.4GHz you will see the following screen. You can leave or change the name of the wireless signal in the Network Name and also change the password in the Passphrase by default is 12345678 go all the way down and press the OK or Save/Appy button. Press the button to go back.
9. Choose the 5GHz you will see the following screen. You can leave or change the name of the wireless signal in the Network Name and also change the password in the Passphrase by default is 12345678 go all the way down and press the OK or Save/Apply button. Press the button to go back.
10. After this, you have the Nyx1200-AC working as a router, and all you have to do is connect the Ethernet cable from one of the available ports in the main modem or router to the WAN port of the Nyx1200-AC.