NOTE: Your Nyx Router is compatible with any Operating System for setup, it only requires a internet browser to access it. ( IE, Mozilla, Firefox , Chrome, Safari, etc)
If you want to block any specific theme or webpage (Adult-related, Violence-related or explicit webpages), you can setup this feature inside the router for all users on the network.
Please try the following steps to setup the URL Filter for your network:
1. Connect your Nexxt router to your PC with an Ethernet cable on the LAN port (Yellow).
3. Verify that your PC has created the Local Area network on Network Connections.
4. Verify that the Firewall and Antivirus system are disabled to avoid any problems or restrictions.
7. On the main screen, click on “Advanced Settings” in the middle of the webpage.
8. On the menu, click on “Security Settings”.
9. On Security Settings, click on “URL Filter Settings”.
10. On Filter mode, select ”Permit Only" to access the URL Filter settings.
11. On "Access Policy", choose the policy number.
12. On "Remark", type the Policy name to allow or block the URL access.
13. On "Start IP" and "End IP", place the IP addresses that you want to run this policy. You can also find it on the “DHCP Server” section.
14. On "URL Character String", place the site name that you want to block, for example “Facebook”. We do not recommend to add the entire web address or any "http", "https" or ".com" webpage links because with this address you could filter all sites with those abbreviations. We suggest just to add the specific domain name.
15. On "Time" and "Date", add the schedule of the policy on hours - minutes and days to be available.
16. Place a checkmark on "Enable" to activate the policy.
17. After all steps done, click on "OK" to save your changes.
18. Reboot router, you can reboot your router on "System Tools" on the Reboot router option.