This article applies for Acrux300.
NOTE: Your N Router is compatible with any Operating System for setup, it only requires a internet browser to access it. ( IE, Mozilla, Firefox , Chrome, Safari, etc)
* * * (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEED) * * *
1. All routers on WDS should have the same firmware and same router model. Also make sure is the latest firmware you are using if posible.
2. SSID, Channels and Extension Channel should also be the same on all routers on the network.
3. The IP address of the all wireless routers must be different but have to be within the range of the main router. For example: RouterA IP: 192.168.0.10; RouterB IP: 192.168.0.11.
4. While setting up WDS, the password and security for Wireless should be the same. This will allow the routers to be used in a roaming mode. The password for router settings webpage could be different on each device.
5. DHCP server must be disable for secondary routers. Only the Main router will have the DHCP enable.
6. The routers IP addresses must be outside the DHCP pool.
7. Reboot routers after the configuration is done.
8. The main router only allows a maximum of 2 repeaters on WDS mode.
Previous Steps to Perform (for all routers):
1. Connect the main router to your ISP device (ADSL, DSL or cable modem).
2. Please be sure to setup your repeater with a network cable connected to the LAN port of your router and to your PC.
3. Set up your Router with the proper configuration and make sure you get internet connection.
4. After you Main router and repeaters are working correctly each one, then proceed to perform the following steps for WDS mode.
MAIN ROUTER SETUP
b. Type “admin” on User and Password.
c. On “Network Settings --> LAN settings”, change the router IP address to avoid to be on the same Dynamic IP address that the ISP modem can take by default. (Default IPs usually are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1; change to any other.) Remember that LAN IPs should be different on each router (main and repeaters).
d. On “Wireless --> Wireless Settings”, set a SSID name for your entire wireless network. All other Wireless basic settings will be the same on all routers (SSID, channels and Extension Channels).
e. On “Wireless --> Wireless Security”, choose the security mode for your router. Keep the security mode on “WPA2-Personal” and place the same network key on all routers on the network. The encryption: AES and put the same password in all routers.
f. On “DHCP --> DHCP Settings", keep the DHCP Server on "enable".
g. Reboot router, you can reboot your router on "System Tools" on the Reboot router option.
REPEATER ROUTER SETUP
a. Same steps from "a" to "e" from Main router setup.
b. On “DHCP --> DHCP sttings”, disable the DHCP server. Click SAVE to save your changes.
d. Reboot router, you can reboot your router on "System Tools" on the Reboot router option.
NOTE: a basic test for your WDS setup is trying make a ping to the IP of the main router on the secondary router and viceversa.
Here is a video tutorial who explain how to configure the WDS on Acrux 300: