NOTE: Your new Sparx200-W, Sparx201-W device is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Sparx200-W stand-alone. This is because sometimes the PC or Laptop are connected to a Wireless Signal or via LAN to the main router or modem. In this article, we are going to secure the wireless of the Sparx200-W via wireless.
- PC or Laptop (remember we are going to use the Wi-Fi connection, you can do it with cable if you desire)
- Ethernet cable
NOTE: If you are using a Laptop or PC and do not have the Ethernet Port you will have to connect the PC or Laptop via wireless. All you have to do is the following.
- Turn ON the Wireless or Wi-Fi on the Laptop or PC.
- Search for networks in the vicinity
- You will see the name of the SSID provided by the Sparx200-W. This will be something like Nexxt_XXXXXX (where the Xs are the last 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Sparx200-W) To be sure which it is, take the Sparx-200W in your hand and in the back, there is a label where you will see the information about the Sparx200-W. Look for the MAC Address and you will see the last 6 digits for the name.
- Choose the network, and connect the PC or Laptop to it and you are done.
1. Connect the Sparx200-W to the outlet. This will turn On the device.
2. You will see the name signal provided by the Sparx200-W, connect the PC to that network. Since the wireless security is disable, you should be able to connect with no issue, and in the taskbar it should say "Connected" or "Connected to" this will depend.
3. Once you are connected either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, open your browser and type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 press the key ENTER.
4. If you have done all the steps correctly, you will see the main website, where the Sparx200-W is asking the password to get through. The username and password to use here is admin.
5. Once inside you will see the following image, please click the word Advanced this will take you to the settings.
6. Here you will be at the Status tab, please choose the Wireless tab to access the section where you are going to setup the password for the Wi-Fi
7. Once you have selected Wireless you will be at the Basic screen. If you want, only if you want you can change the name of the Wi-Fi the Sparx200-W is providing for one that you want to be displayed. In this example, you will se the name of our Sparx200-W as Nexxt0BE900 you can edit the name is the field SSID . Hit Save so the settings are saved. If you change the name, the device will take you out form the wireless network, you need to connect the computer agian, If you dont want to change the name of the wireless then please fill free to Skip this process.
8. To secure the wireless signal the Sparx200-W provide, then choose the option Security in the left side menu.
9. In this section you will choose the Security Mode that will manage the wireless band. You can choose any of the 4 security modes the devices provide (WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2-PSK or oWEP). For thie example we are going to use the base security WPA-PSK. Then type the password in Security Key
10. After you have choose, press the Save button. Here the wireless signal of the Sparx200-W is secured.