NOTE: Your new router is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Nebula300+ stand-alone. This is because sometimes the PC or Laptop are connected to a Wireless Signal or via LAN to the main router or modem. If you are using a Laptop or PC with Wi-Fi signal, please disable the Wi-Fi or turned Off. This article will setup the Nebula300+ via Ethernet cable.
- PC or Laptop (remember to disable the Wi-Fi)
- Ethernet cable (this will come in the box)
- Power Adapter (this will come in the box)
NOTE: If you are using a Laptop or PC and do not have the Ethernet Port you will have to connect the PC or Laptop via wireless. All you have to do is the following.
- Turn ON the Wireless or Wi-Fi on the Laptop or PC.
- Search for networks in the vicinity
- You will see the name of the SSID provided by the Nebula300+. This will be something like Nexxt_XXXXXX (where the Xs are the last 5 to 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Nebula300+) To be sure which it is, take the Nebula300+ in your hand and turned over and you will see an orange sticker that will contain information about the Nebula300+. Look for the MAC Address.
- Choose the network, and connect the PC or Laptop to it and you are done.
1. Connect the power adapter to the Nebula300+. This will turn On the device.
2. Press the RESET/RST button for 20 seconds. This will reset the Nebula300+ in case you have done any changes and you didn´t notice.
3. Take the Ethernet cable in your hand, one end of the cable goes to the LAN Port #1 in the Nebula300+ and the other end goes to the Ethernet Port on the PC or Laptop.
4. Once you are connected either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, open your browser and type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 press the key ENTER.
5. If you have done all the steps correctly, you will see the main website, where the Nebula300+ is asking the password to get through. The password to use here is admin.
6. Once inside you will see the Connection Type screen. Here choose Dynamic IP and then you will be able to change the SSID (Wi-Fi Name) and Password for the Wireless signal the Nebula300+ will display.
7. After you have changed or keep the default SSID and added the new password press the OK button.
8. The Nebula300+ is already set up to use as a router, all you have to do is connect a cable from the main modem to the WAN port in the back of the Nebual300+