NOTE: Your new repeater device is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Kronos1200-AC stand-alone. This is because sometimes the PC or Laptop are connected to a Wireless Signal or via LAN to the main router or modem. In this article, we are going to set up the Kronos1200-AC via wireless.
- PC or Laptop (remember we are going to use the Wi-Fi connection, you can do it with cable if you desire)
- Ethernet cable (this will come in the box)
NOTE: If you are using a Laptop or PC and do not have the Ethernet Port you will have to connect the PC or Laptop via wireless. All you have to do is the following.
- Turn ON the Wireless or Wi-Fi on the Laptop or PC.
- Search for networks in the vicinity
- You will see the name of the SSID provided by the Kronos1200-AC. This will be something like Nexxt_XXXXXX (where the Xs are the last 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Kronos1200-AC) To be sure which it is, take the Kronos1200-AC in your hand and in one of the side, there is a label where you will see the information about the Kronos1200-AC. Look for the MAC Address. Here you will find also the password of the wireless provided by the Kronos1200-AC as Network Key.
- Choose the network, and connect the PC or Laptop to it and you are done.
1. Connect the Kronos200-AC to the outlet. This will turn On the device. In one of the side of the Kronos1200-AC move the little switch to the middle that says Repeater.
2. You will see the name signal provided by the Kronos1200-AC connect to that network. This will request a password Network key then you are in the Kronos1200-AC network.
3. Once you are connected either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, open your browser and type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 press the key ENTER.
4. If you have done all the steps correctly, you will see the main website, where the Kronos1200-AC is asking the password to get through. The password to use here is admin.
5. Once inside you will see the following settings. Choose Repeater Mode. In the top left corner.
6. Automatically the Kronos1200-AC will display a window scanning the area for wireless networks. You will see your main wireless signal.
7. Choose your main wireless network or the wireless you want to repeat. Once you choose it, you will see below that you need to add the password and also will tell you the name the Kronos1200-AC will be provided after the settings are done. When you are done typing the password and learn the new wireless signal Save button and now you will wait for the setup to complete.
8. Your Kronos1200-AC is setup and done.