NOTE: Your new router is compatible with any Operating System, it only requires a browser to access the configuration website. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc).
Recommendations: We recommend to work with the Nebula1200-AC stand-alone. This is because sometimes the PC or Laptop are connected to a Wireless Signal or via LAN to the main router or modem. If you are using a Laptop or PC with Wi-Fi signal, please disable the Wi-Fi or turned Off. This article will setup the Nebula1200-AC via Ethernet cable.
- PC or Laptop (remember to disable the Wi-Fi)
- Ethernet cable (this will come in the box)
- Power Adapter (this will come in the box)
NOTE: If you are using a Laptop or PC and do not have the Ethernet Port you will have to connect the PC or Laptop via wireless. All you have to do is the following.
- Turn ON the Wireless or Wi-Fi on the Laptop or PC.
- Search for networks in the vicinity
- You will see the name of the SSID provided by the Nebula1200-AC. This will be something like Nexxt_XXXXXX (where the Xs are the last 5 to 6 digits of the MAC Address of the Nebula1200-AC) To be sure which it is, take the Nebula1200-AC in your hand and turned over and you will see an orange sticker that will contain information about the Nebula1200-AC. Look for the MAC Address.
- Choose the network, and connect the PC or Laptop to it and you are done.
1. Connect the power adapter to the Nebula1200-AC. This will turn On the device.
2. Press the RESET/RST button for 20 seconds. This will reset the Nebula1200-AC in case you have done any changes and you didn´t notice.
3. Take the Ethernet cable in your hand, one end of the cable goes to the LAN Port #1 in the Nebula1200-AC and the other end goes to the Ethernet Port on the PC or Laptop.
4. Once you are connected either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, open your browser and type the IP Address 192.168.0.1 press the key ENTER.
5. If you have done all the steps correctly, you will see the main website, where the Nebula1200-AC is asking the password to get through. The password to use here is admin.
6. Select Wireless Settings from the list on the left.
7. Select Name and Password here you will be able to change the name if you want and to add the password to secure the wireless provided by the Nebula1200-AC
8. Once you have changed what you need, press the Save button and now your wireless is secure.
9. Select Wireless Settings from the list on the left.
10. Select Wireless Repeating here you will be able to enable the Wireless Repeating and choose the Universal Repeater option.
11. Then you will see the box Base Satation WiFi Name please select from the list the wireless signal you want to repeat.
12. After selecting the wireless signal, add the password of that wireless signal in the Base Sation WiFi Password then hit save. This will proceed to save the settings and finish the setup.
13. Now you Nebula1200-AC is set to repeat the wireless signal.