This article applies for Acrux600 Router models.
NOTE: Your N Router is compatible with any Operating System for setup, it only requires a internet browser to access it. ( IE, Mozilla, Firefox , Chrome, Safari, etc)
* * * (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEED) * * *
1. All routers on WDS should have the same firmware and same router model. Also make sure is the latest firmware you are using if posible.
2. SSID, Channels and Extension Channel should also be the same on all routers on the network.
3. The IP address of the all wireless routers must be different but have to be within the range of the main router. For example: RouterA IP: 192.168.0.10; RouterB IP: 192.168.0.11.
4. While setting up WDS, the password and security for Wireless should be the same. This will allow the routers to be used in a roaming mode. The password for router settings webpage could be different on each device.
5. DHCP server must be disable for secondary routers. Only the Main router will have the DHCP enable.
6. The routers IP addresses must be outside the DHCP pool.
7. Reboot routers after the configuration is done.
8. The main router only allows a maximum of 3 repeaters on WDS mode.
Previous Steps to Perform:
1. Connect the main router to your ISP device (ADSL, DSL or cable modem).
2. Please be sure to setup your repeater with a network cable connected to the LAN port of your router and to your PC.
3. Set up your Router with the proper configuration and make sure you get internet connection.
4. After you Main router and repeaters are working correctly each one, then proceed to perform the following steps for WDS mode.
b. Type “admin” on User and Password.
c. Go to "Advanced" at the top right side of the setup page.
c. On “Network --> WAN”, verify that the WAN was setup as your ISP provider gives to your Internet service.
d. On "Network --> LAN", change the router IP address to avoid to be on the same Dynamic IP address that the ISP modem can take by default. (Default IPs usually are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1; change to any other.) Remember that LAN IPs should be different on each router (main and repeaters). Click on "Save" to save changes.
e. On “Wireless --> Basic”, set a SSID name for your entire wireless network. All other Wireless basic settings will be the same on all routers (SSID, channels and Extension Channels). Click "Save" to save changes.
f. On “Wireless --> Security”, choose the security mode for your router. Keep the security mode on “WPA2-PSK” and place the same network key on all routers on the network. The encryption: AES and put the same password in all routers.
g. On “Network --> DHCP", keep the DHCP Server on "enable".
h. Reboot router, you can reboot your router on "Tools" on the Reboot router option.
REPEATER ROUTER SETUP
a. Same steps from "a" to "f" from Main router setup.
b. On “Network --> DHCP”, disable the DHCP server. Click SAVE to save your changes.
d. Reboot router, you can reboot your router on "Tools" on the Reboot router option.
NOTE: a basic test for your WDS setup is trying make a ping to the IP of the main router on the secondary router and viceversa.